Search and think earth
from this widget
Powered by

Monday, June 16, 2008

Lee Dong Gun wants to be strong for his parents


Question: Was it hard filming "Every time the night comes"?

Lee: I haven't had much problems until now, and I don't have a lot of scenes, and there weren't many difficult parts, although the filming process is pretty slow. This is nothing big however. I haven't had to go without sleep at any point in the filming process so far; besides we have just started, I can't possibly start feeling tired now.

Question: After the misfortunate incident that befell your brother, what was your emotional state as you resumed work?

Lee: While preparing for my brother's funeral, all I kept thinking of was my parents' feelings and not myself. And I thought, even if I cried, I can't cry in front of my parents because I'm the only one they can depend upon now, so I cannot lose control of my emotions. I still feel the same way now with regards to work and shooting, I cannot affect the other people on the set just because of what happened to me, so I try hard to pretend nothing has happened.

Question: How does one become stronger when faced with the loss of a loved one?

Lee: Needless to say, that incident was a big blow to my family. When I first got wind of the news, I was like in a semi-conscious state, I didn't know what I was doing. The few days after the funeral I shut myself at home alone and drank, rejecting all that I once had faith in, and I really wanted to abandon everything (that I had). In the end, it was my parents who led me out of this despair. My parents had already lost one child, and I couldn't just let myself go on in that pathetic state because that would really upset them. Thus I decided not to let them worry for me.

Question: We thought that we would have to wait quite a long while before we could see your new works.

Lee: I have become stronger for the people who care for me. Watching my new dramas on television would also be a form of consolation for my parents. If they see how I work, I believe that will set their hearts at rest. That's also why I chose to work on my current drama , "Every time the night comes." Although it is not a comedy, there are many very comical scenes. I would like to participate in a drama that will lift people's spirits, then maybe in the process I myself would get happier gradually.

No comments: