Search and think earth
from this widget
Powered by

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ah Sa makes a card to show her love


Its father’s day today. Charlene Choi has been in a single parent family ever since she was 12 but this has not stopped her from growing up in a healthy environment. Between her and her dad, there is nothing they can’t talk about. To encourage his daughter, Sa’s dad even pretended to be one of her fans and supported her on the internet which really touched Ah Sa.

Ah Sa who is currently in Shanghai personally created a card to show her love and to say “I Love You”. Her plan is to openly reveal their thoughts throughout all those years in the form of a book accompanied by pictures. The profits earned will be donated to charity to help other kids who are living in single parent families.

When Ah Sa first entered the industry she was really busy, Sa’s dad pretended to be a fan and commented on the internet to support his daughter. This secret last for 9 months; here’s what Sa’s dad has to say: “At the time there were around 70 websites, everyday she would be really tired when she came home, so I decided to leave comments to support her. Sometimes I would pretend to be a fan that follows her around to report her current situation.” The other day Sa’s dad accepted one of our interviews, he openly said “A single man looking after his daughter can be really inconvenient sometimes. My brain is slow so everything is done slowly including talking about personal matters, this way even talking about “Yuk Ma (lovey dovey?...can’t think of the word)“ things won’t be as awkward." His most unforgettable moment was when Ah Sa secretly had a boyfriend, he felt very contradictory because he was happy for her but at the same time worried for her. Ah Sa’s kindness to him made him feel much more assured though. He says “When Ah Sa was in Form 4 she had a part time job as a model, first time she got paid, she used all her pay to buy a shirt for me, the price didn’t really matter, what mattered most was that it came from her heart.”

When asked about her injuries, he felt very heartbroken
Earlier on Ah Sa acted in Sword Butterfly and injured her pelvis. Sa’s dad found out through the news reports, it hurt him deeply. “When I first found out I rang her straight away to find out about her current condition. She saw how worried I was and kept telling me she was ok. I knew she was in pain, but I’ve never told her to leave the industry. There are many jobs out there that make you work for 12 hours straight, as a dad the most important thing is that she is happy and healthy.”

Today is Father’s day, Ah Sa is working in Shanghai but she has already arranged to see her father tomorrow. Sa’s dad happily said “Originally I had to go overseas for work but my precious daughter (Wong dai nui) told me to stay in Hong Kong and wait for her return so I changed my flight straight away and obediently stayed home to wait for her return.”

No comments: