Search and think earth
from this widget
Powered by

Monday, August 18, 2008

Jack Wu made an inappropriate comment , TVB received more complaints

Jack Wu made an inappropriate comment , TVB received more complaints

Liu Xiang China’s Defending Olympic champion withdrew from the men's 110-metre hurdles yesterday due to a foot injury and couldn’t continue. Everyone who witnessed the scene felt the pain and a sudden dissapointment. But Jack Wu who was one the Olympic hosts for TVB suddenly said "I hope what he just did was just an act". This comment made many people furious. Jack later explained that he only said that because during the time the atmosphere was very tense and he wanted to make it more relaxing. He also doesn’t mind criticism and will accept it. Jack ‘s comments not only made many people angry but also TVB’s public relations department received more complaints.

The reporter later called Jack on the phone. He explains "First of all I will accept critisicm for my peformance, secondly I am a fan of Liu Xiang. I hope that he can compete in the competition. The reason why there was this misunderstanding was because during that time someone said Liu Xiang was going to withdraw. But at that moment I had received information saying that he had gone to change his clothes. I am a host therefore I wanted to make the atmosphere more relaxed in such a situation, this is one my hosting skills.” Asked whether Jack felt a lot of pressure due to this? “I won’t give myself any pressure, I think I have done quite well but of course there is still room for improvement."

No comments: