Search and think earth
from this widget
Powered by

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Eason Cleared of Infidelity Accusations



Eason Chan has recently been busy in Taiwan promoting his newest album, Don't Want To Let Go, when unexpectedly, yesterday, reports surfaced that he was cheating on his wife.

Just two days ago, despite the rain, Eason performed for his fans during an autograph session and ended up wet from head to toe. The 'thanks' he got in return was a magazine publishing photos and a story accusing him of infidelity. The story alleged he had dinner with an 'unknown female' and afterwards went back to his room. Universal Music clarified that the 'unknown female' was a Universal Music Taiwan employee and stated that the reports are made up. Eason issued a response through a Universal Music promotions employee, who said, "[The pictured female] is a Taiwan co-worker, after work they went out for a meal and afterwards the female employee brought Eason back to the hotel, but did not go to his room. They went their separate way to rest."

Not being affected by the reports Eason returned to Hong Kong and continued work as usual filming a MV for his newest Cantonese song 歌頌, which ended up taking 8 hours. Afterwards, Eason was friendly and polite, saying, "Sorry for making you wait." As for the reported infidelity accusations, Eason says, "I'm not going to respond."

Through a telephone interview, wife Hilary Tsui expressed that she fully trusts her husband, saying, "Of course I trust him! I won't mention it [to him] and I don't care [about the reports]. I knew there was something. Once I got to the street there were reporters following me, I just didn't know what he did. I even told him [about the reporters following.]" When asked if she immediately asked Eason about the accusations when she first heard of them, Hilary responds, "I don't need to ask him. If I ask, it means I don't trust him. We don't need to express our trust in each other thru words." Hilary has been busy taking care of their daughter Constance Chan and is busy with the upcoming school year opening; therefore, she doesn't have time to deal with non-relevant things.

After hearing about the accusations, manager Kaite Chan was not happy, saying, "Son (Eason) has always been a great father and great husband, which is why these accusations should not have appeared with his name in the first place. The 'unknown female' was with Eason because of work reasons. I have a full understand of the situation and she brought Eason and his assistant back to the hotel, but she did not go up to their rooms. I hope that these types of rumors will leave Eason for good because he absolutely is a caring family man."

Elsewhere, during an interview in Taiwan, Eason says he is not a good father especially since he has never read his daughter a bedtime story. Eason thinks into the future as says, "I hope that there will be a normal routine in the future. It's best if I can bring my daughter to school in the morning and afterwards meet up with Jacky Cheung to play some tennis, and end the night by tucking my daughter into bed."

No comments: