Search and think earth
from this widget
Powered by

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Leehom Wang and S.H.E encounter an "explosives panic" while flying back to Taiwan from Beijing

Translated by catalie @

According to Taiwan's ETTV online news report, at 2:30pm on the 13th, an EVA Air plane travelling from Beijing directly to Taoyuan Airport was rumoured to have suspected explosives causing security staff to be considerably nervous. Artists S.H.E, Leehom Wang, Mayday, Zhang Yu Yan (张玉嬿) and others were also on the plane. Security immediately asked the plane's 230 passengers and also one infant to get off the plane for inspection. Luckily in the end it was confirmed to be a false alarm.

As soon as they saw that the problematic plane flew down to the ground, security staff were all very nervous. They sent a car of explosion prevention people to be alert beside the plane and even the explosion prevention workers were not allowed to be unoccupied in the departure lounge area because it had been rumoured that this EVA Air plane from Beijing might have explosives, causing many artists to wait painstakingly for a long time.

Leehom Wang expressed, "I don't know, I don't know. Originally we thought that taking a direct flight would allow us to arrive very early. Now coming back, everything has been delayed." S.H.E then said, "The plane was about to take flight and was already speeding along the tarmac when suddenly we were told that there were problems with operations on the ground. So everyone was to get off the plane and have a full body safety check." The plane suddenly had to stop just before taking flight, making S.H.E very impatient and nervous because this time returning to Taiwan, they were supposed to attend a company cocktail and now all their hopes have been dashed

Besides Leehom Wang, S.H.E, Mayday's Ashin and also actress Zhang Yu Yan, the plane had approximately 230 passengers and an infant - all were asked to enter a small room for safety checks. In the end it was confirmed to be a lie and all passengers were asked to board the plane once again. The 2:30pm flight finaly left Beijing airport at 5:18pm for Taiyuan Airport. Even though there was a 3.5 hour delay, at least it was a false alarm. What's most important is that everyone returned home safely.

No comments: